(From L to R) Judges Kevin Skapinetz of IBM Security and Blake Patton of Tech Square Ventures present the grand prize to 2018 Winners Ruian Duan and Ashish Bijlani, School of Computer Science, funded by Judge and Founding Donor of Create-X Christopher Klaus and IISP's Dr. Wenke Lee.
Industry wants new cyber solutions and Georgia Tech students have them!
The Institute for Information Security & Privacy's Cybersecurity Demo Day takes great ideas from lab to marketplace by helping Georgia Tech students assess whether research is ready for commercialization. Students can learn entrepreneurial skills throughout this program and contest.
Show Off Your Idea at the Cybersecurity Summit!
- Register by September 24, 2018
- Bring a Poster and Present a 2-minute pitch on October 4, 2018
- Compete for a $500 "Perk Prize" at the Summit, based on audience vote
Students then have the option to continue in the Demo Day contest and gain from personalized entrepreneurial coaching. Presenting a poster at the Summit does not obligate you to enter the contest.
Register now to bring a poster and deliver a two-minute summary of your idea at the Summit -- telling the crowd what your cybersecurity solution could do for the world. Research may be nascent or nearly complete.
Thurs., Oct. 4, 2018
3 - 3:45 p.m.
GTRI Conference Center
250 Fourteenth St. NW, Atlanta
Questions? Contact Gloria Griessman.
Then Get Ready for Demo Day!
- 3-month Commercialization Training that includes
- how to perform customer discovery
- how to prioritize and target the right market vertical
- how to hone and deliver a compelling investor pitch
- Available to all participants who delivered a 2-minute pitch at the Cybersecurity Summit
- Compete for start-up cash and more prizes at IISP Cybersecurity Demo Day Grand Finale in Spring 2019. Gain exposure before experienced venture capitalists and technology investors. A panel of technology professionals chooses winners. More details to be announced...
If you presented at the Summit on Oct. 4, you're automatically eligible for Demo Day! (If you didn't, you may participate in a formal review process in order to continue. Contact Gloria Griessman for details.)