Registration is now closed. Thank you for your interest.
Review the draft legislation by Rep. Graves and share comments with his office.
Cyber MayDay: Who Is in Command When Your Business is in the Crosshairs and How Do You Respond?
Monday, May 1, 2017
10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Georgia Institute of Technology
Technology Square Research Building (TSRB) Auditorium
85 5th Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30308
Rep. Tom Graves (R-Ga. 14), in cooperation with the Georgia Institute of Technology, hosts a conversation for executives and thought leaders in Atlanta about cybersecurity policy and technical challenges that are stifling industry innovation today and leaving companies vulnerable. Of importance to discuss:
Who protects critical business infrastructure from cyberattacks? What forms of retaliation should be permissible? Should companies be allowed to take active-defense measures? What will deter hackers?
When governments engage in nation-state cyberattacks, how can businesses avoid becoming a proxy battleground?
How can public policy be improved to help industry and governments protect one another?
Featuring a diverse and bipartisan panel:
- Rep. Tom Graves (R-Ga. 14), Chairman, House Committee on Appropriations: Subcommittee on Financial Services & General Government
- Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz. 9), House Committee on Financial Services
- Peter Swire, associate director - policy, Institute for Information Security & Privacy at Georgia Tech
- Candace Worley, chief technical strategist, McAfee
- Stephen Pair, co-founder, president & CEO, Bitpay
- John Lens, senior vice president, VMware - Network and Security Business Unit